Partnership for Prevention
The Sexual Assault Crisis Team works in partnership with Norwich University to provide advocacy services, and has done so for many years. Services we offer for victims of sexual violence attending Norwich and their families (both in-state and out-of-state):
- Hotline (802) 479-5577 for support
- Tipline (802) 485-3887; an anonymous answering machine that people can call in order to report something they saw, heard, or may be afraid of happening
- Prevention Training with a Bystander focus
- Student on-campus hours (a Sexual Assault Crisis Team advocate travels to the Norwich University campus on a weekly basis, in order to provide services to students, faculty, and staff)
- Intervention services customized to meet the needs of the unique Norwich population (the 75%-male campus population combines both military and civilian students)
Anything told to the advocate is completely confidential, making the advocate a valuable resource for anything from asking questions to listening to a person who has experienced sexual harm tell their story.
In the event of an emergency, a SACT advocate will accompany the person to the hospital (if wanted) in order to provide support during a rape exam and to inform them of all their options. The advocate will also accompany them to the police or Title IX office (at the victim’s request).
As part of the partnership, Norwich University supports the Sexual Assault Crisis Team program through collaboration. Students can work at SACT as interns; volunteer in building, shelter, and grounds maintenance; mentor younger people in the shelter, and more.
For more information, please contact our Prevention Program Coordinator, Stacia Melick, at: email@example.com, or call: 802-485-2904